Michelle E Fillmore studied oil painting with Federico Paris in Viterbo, Italy and went on to graduate with a degree in painting and drawing from the University of Nevada in 2015.
Michelle’s paintings describe her struggles growing up with a mentally ill family member. Her work opens up a discussion about mental health and point out its inherent stigmas and challenges. Her work embodies beauty in imperfection, suggesting that childhood adversities can ultimately be opportunities to grow.
- "Untethered: New Paintings by Michelle E. Fillmore", SHOH Gallery, Berkeley, CA, 2020
- "Halloween Opening Reception Featuring: Michelle E. Fillmore", Adele Gilani Art Gallery, Sausalito, CA, 2019.
- "The Summer Hang", SHOH Gallery, Berkeley, CA, 2019.
- "New Currencies", Jennifer Perlmutter Gallery at the Bank, Lafayette, CA, 2019.
- "For the Love of Art", Jennifer Perlmutter Gallery, Lafayette, CA, 2019.
- "3rd Annual Small Things", Jennifer Perlmutter Gallery, Lafayette, CA, 2018.
- "Extended Play:Vinyl Classics as Works of Art", Art Attack SF, San Francisco, CA, 2017.
- February 2020 issue of American Art Collector